Just as you would call 9-1-1 for emergencies, you can call 2-1-1 for human service information and assistance. We are available 24 hours a day to listen and provide emotional support, crisis counseling, suicide prevention and information. Our human service referral database is comprehensive and up-to-date. You do not have to be in crisis to call, there is no eligibility criteria and our services are free. Skilled hotline counselors treat your call confidentially and you remain anonymous. They help you navigate through the maze of community services in a nonjudgmental manner. As a first point of contact, we serve as the gateway to other community services. Because life is 24/7 so are we!
To serve as the preferred 24/7 gateway to community services and support with a commitment to excellence.
To provide assessment, emotional support, crisis assistance, education, training, and referrals with accurate, up-to-date resource information.
Core Values and Principles
These are the core values and principles that guide 2-1-1 Big Bend in providing the highest quality of service:
- Resource information about community services is accurate and comprehensive
- Interactions with those we serve are confidential
- People may access our services anonymously
- Services are provided in a nonjudgmental, unbiased manner with respect to cultural differences
- Services are available and accessible to persons with sensory impairments or language barriers
- Services will respect and acquiesce to each person's right to self-determination
- Services will promote and facilitate each person's self-reliance
- Necessary assistance is provided in life-threatening or other crises
- Staff is well trained and competent to perform their duties based on nationally recognized professional standards
- Collaboration is essential within the context of our mission and is fundamental to achieving our goals in the community, state and nation
It is the policy of 2-1-1 Big Bend to provide non-discrimination practices and services. All agency services will be provided without regard to age, race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual preference, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status. No customer of agency services will be subjected to discrimination. The President is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the Agency's compliance with this policy.
History & Overview of programs