To serve as the preferred 24/7 gateway to community services and support with a commitment to excellence.
To provide assessment, emotional support, crisis assistance, education, training, and referrals with accurate, up-to-date resource information.
Core Values and Principles
These are the core values and principles that guide 2-1-1 Big Bend in providing the highest quality of service:
- Resource information about community services is accurate and comprehensive
- Interactions with those we serve are confidential
- People may access our services anonymously
- Services are provided in a nonjudgmental, unbiased manner with respect to cultural differences
- Services are available and accessible to persons with sensory impairments or language barriers
- Services will respect and acquiesce to each person's right to self-determination
- Services will promote and facilitate each person's self-reliance
- Necessary assistance is provided in life-threatening or other crises
- Staff is well trained and competent to perform their duties based on nationally recognized professional standards
- Collaboration is essential within the context of our mission and is fundamental to achieving our goals in the community, state and nation
It is the policy of 2-1-1 Big Bend to provide non-discrimination practices and services. All agency services will be provided without regard to age, race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual preference, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status. No customer of agency services will be subjected to discrimination. The President is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the Agency's compliance with this policy.
History & Overview of programs