- "I was a counselor at 2-1-1 Big Bend for over five years. There is no question that those years had a pronounced impact on my life. With the training and associated calls I fielded, I became a great listener. My current job requires me to coach many entrepreneurs and there is no question that the training I received at 2-1-1 Big Bend is in large part responsible for how effective I have been as a coach; thank you 2-1-1 Big Bend."
- Dr. Jerry Osteryoung is Director of Outreach for the Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship in the College of Business at Florida State University; and former 2-1-1 Big Bend board member and hotline counselor
- "Brandt Information Services has long supported 2-1-1 Big Bend because it provides an efficient, cost-effective gateway for our community to access social services. No matter what you need, when you dial 2-1-1, you get a caring, highly-trained counselor ready to help."
- Richard Wise is president of Brandt Information Systems
- "As professor in Social Work – I am constantly reminding students of the role of social workers as an advocate – helping to make connections between their clients and the service providers who can help them the best. 2-1-1 Big Bend is the resource for our area in not only providing accurate, up-to-date information regarding human service providers – but for having expertly trained staff and volunteers who can patiently and empathically support professionals and clients through the process of thoughtfully considering options."
- Bill Milford is Division Chair and Assistant Professor of Social Work at Thomasville University
- "I can’t imagine United Way of the Big Bend having a stronger ally than 2-1-1 Big Bend. They are our community’s first line of defense and information. Plus the fact that it’s an extraordinarily, well-run organization is very reassuring. The partnership couldn’t be more important to us at UWBB."
- Ken Armstrong is past president of the United Way of the Big Bend
- "2-1-1 Big Bend provided a great learning experience for me. It helped me to realize my passion for helping others. It strengthened my decision of pursuing a career in psychology."
- Christine Fein is earning her Masters Degree in Counseling at Florida International University
Last Updated on Wednesday, February 29 2012