Volunteer with Us
How Our Volunteers Help The Community
2-1-1 Big Bend relies on the support of dedicated volunteers to keep our hotlines fully staffed. Our volunteers provide free, short-term crisis counseling and referrals for:
Our phones volunteers come from many different backgrounds. All are adults, at least 18 years of age, who live in the greater Tallahassee area. We are in particular need of volunteers who are fluent in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole to assist us in helping callers whose native language is not English.
Click here to learn about our different Volunteer Opportunities.
Benefits of Training:
- Gain valuable crisis intervention and counseling skills
- Expand your knowledge of community resources
- Learn advanced communication skills
- Enhance your interpersonal skills
- Meet a variety of new people
- Develop networking opportunities
- Professional training program
- Evening training classes
- Flexible schedule when volunteering
If you cannot make it to any of the information and interview sessions, you can fax your completed application at least two days prior to the orientation session to (850) 561-3443.
You can also complete the Volunteer Counselor Application online. This is a two-step process where you will create a website user account first, then complete the application:
- Go to http://211bigbend.net/hotline-counselor-user-login, click the Register link at the bottom and complete the appropriate fields.
- After you register you will be sent an e-mail that will ask you to click a link to complete the registration process. Once that is complete you must return to http://211bigbend.net/hotline-counselor-user-login and login with your newly created account information. You will then see a link for the application.
Program Volunteer Application
For more information, call our Coordinator of Volunteers at (850) 617-6309 or send us a message.
Last Updated on Monday, November 04 2013