Volunteer with Us
How Our Volunteers Help The Community
2-1-1 Big Bend relies on the support of dedicated volunteers to keep our hotlines fully staffed. Our volunteers provide free, short-term crisis counseling and referrals for:
Our hotline volunteers come from many different backgrounds. All are adults, at least 18 years of age, who live in the greater Tallahassee area. We are in particular need of volunteers who are fluent in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole to assist us in helping callers whose native language is not English.
Click here to learn about our different Volunteer Opportunities.
Benefits of Training:
- Gain valuable crisis intervention and counseling skills
- Expand your knowledge of community resources
- Learn advanced communication skills
- Enhance your interpersonal skills
- Meet a variety of new people
- Develop networking opportunities
- Professional training program
- Evening training classes
- Flexible schedule when volunteering
If you cannot make it to any of the information and interview sessions, you can fax your completed application at least two days prior to the orientation session to (850) 561-3443. You also can arrange to email your application by contacting the Coordinator of Volunteers.
Program Volunteer Application
For more information, call our Coordinator of Volunteers at (850) 617-6309 or send us a message.
Last Updated on Thursday, July 21 2016